Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New top plate for Emily

Besides tedious works on converting cameras, I took time mainly on developing Emily, WA 4x5 shooter, based on J66 body, almost the same as 110/B, except no Range finder on top, and no front door for rail, so it is a good candidate for wide angle.
All the same back system to Byron, Emily needs new bellows, new front lens plate, and a new top plate. The top plates just arrived, I installed it with two cold shoes, one for view finder, one for a tiny range finder, if uses want to.
 This is the position for about 47mm lens. Avoiding pig snout and helical focus ring which are popular seen on wide angle camera, I want to replace them by bellows and level, bellows is easy to me, but the level, that puzzeled me.

If I can successfully develop a mechanism, which can fix the lens on infinity position, and move the lens in 15mm range by adjusting level, then Emily will be a great WA camera for lenses wider than 90mm!

Then maybe I should sell the DIY kit, to convert your own J66 into WA camera, you can choose the color of cover you want, and I can get rid of those tedious works!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Would be interested in the DIY kit for the J66.. Price??
Don Newburn

Unknown said...

sorry, not yet finish development.