Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fuji Quickload holder and Bubble level

This is contributed by NY Walter Garcia, a Byron owner, who is so creative, modified Fuji Quickload film holder for Byron and added a bubble level on camera body, here is what he wrote to me about Fuji Quickload:
'Daniel,
Attached are photos of my modification for Fuji Quick Load holder. After cutting the two small notches the fit is good. I will expose some film with this in the next few days If weather is good. It is not difficult to do but it must be done carefully and slowly. I do not have small measuring device to see exact measurement in mm. I think you can do this if you get one of these holders. They are easy to find and not so expensive. To disassemble you must remove 6 small screws circled in image #01. 
Then carefully take apart two half. 
Be careful with roller it has two small springs that like to jump out. Also pressure plate likes to fall out. The other images show where cut must be made to fit with Byron locks. Let me know what you think.' 
Regards,
Walter


Well, I think it is just marvelous! To a traveler with Byron, LF and light weighted, slim and easy to carry is the most concerned, and Fuji Quickload is a very good idea for people on the road, I always been asked about if Byron takes Fuji Quickload or Kodak Readyload or not, but I never got a chance to try it.
Is there a Ready Load holder and willing to let me try? It seems easy to modify on Quickload, should be not hard on others.
(01/03 add)
Walter kindly sent me images of Quickload on the back of Byron, to completely demonstrate how it looks when in use, thanks, man!
Looks like it is Angulon 6.8/90mm lens at work!!! That's the reason for lens interchangeable system!!

Then the other creative idea from Walter, a bubble level!
'Daniel,
Here is something I added to Byron. Small detail but could be useful for fast leveling on tripod. I had saved this from broken plastic tripod someone gave me. Let me know what you think about this.
Best,
Walter'
After reading the mail, I hurried to the shop nearby to find the bubble, I want one too!
Asked if I can post his mail to my blog, here is what he replied.
'You are welcome to use any of the images and information for the blog. Since there are not many Byron yet, all owners are like small family and welcome to share any ideas.'
Indeed, sharing ideas makes the community grow and keep in health!
Let's share our ideas!!

No comments: