The cold shoe, was bought from HK, I took it apart and installed it on Byron with a custom base. It looks like this:
Thought that would be a nice solution to convert original shoe into a international standard size, so I order some from HK again, and made the base in small quantity.
But then I realized that these "made in China" products are unstable in size, some are too tight for mounting, some are OK and some too loose, that bothers me, a lot!
Rather than being complained by my clients, I prefer to face it in advance.
So all these cold shoes and bases are abandoned, I ask my mechanist to make a new one for me.
Byron need only one screw to fix, the second hole is designed for Emily, I planed to implant two or three shoe mounts on her, three in a row! You can install a view finder, a range finder, and a level or a flash at the same time!
Borrowing from lens board, luckily I don't have to order new custom size of stop fixer screws,
But for those accessories doesn't have a locking screw, this shoe is little loose to them. I asked the price to order a tiny spring plate for shoe, but gave up of the cost.
So to mount an accessory that without locking-screw, and seems loose, you can:
1. insert a little piece of paper in the shoe, then insert the accessory.
2. use Scotch 3M tape, paste a little piece in the shoe.
3. insert a transfer shoe mount first, then insert your view finder
So the only one part I bought from ready-made, is the 3/8 to 1/4 tripod socket.
Oh, by the way, I add a little rubber button for the shutter release, because days before a lady who loves to take pictures operated Byron, and she couldn't find the release, finally she found it, and she said that the release is not handy for a girl with little palm size like her, better if she didn't have to press it so deep.